Saturday, July 25, 2009

Boca Burgers and the downfall of the vegan family

I had this past Thursday off from work and I was making lunch for Susi and myself. Susi suggested that I make something light because we were eating late, and had to go get the boys soon from my Mother's house. As we know, the Wife has lost a few pounds recently by eating properly and Boca products have become a staple of her diet. The Susi and I both enjoy eating them, her because they are healthy; I love them because they taste just like food. Anyhow, I opened the freezer to get some and see that she had quite an assortment of boca products, I saw the standard Boca Burgers, Chik'n burgers, Chik'n wings (I think they use Chik'n instead of chicken because it's made from things that are not chicken; I know it's probably obvious, but I could be wrong (not likely, though))(did I just manage to use parenthesis inside another set of parenthesis?), meatless sausage, and meatless eggs. I am standing there, looking at all this shit that's not meat, that is trying real hard to taste like meat. And I start to think, which is always sort of dangerous, why would a vegan, or vegetarian, or an ovro-vitavitavejasaurus who is disgusted by eating meat, want to try so hard to eat stuff that tastes like meat? I had this picture in my mind of some some vegan parent holding a half-eaten package of Oberto Beef Jerky, and telling the other vegan parent how they found this in their son's room. The other parent then yells back "I told you not to let him eat those damn Boca Burgers! All he's going to want to do is try real meat now!" I am not really sure how liberal vegan white people argue, this is simply my best guess, though. Well, that was just a random thought that went through my head.
Oh, yeah, someone did ask for the story of how my Croc melted. Like I said, it is short and not very interesting, but neither was my boca story; Well, here it goes. I had planned on working only a half day at the shop a couple of weeks ago, so I packed a change of clothes for myself. As most of ya'll know, it gets pretty warm in Texas in the summer time. So, I had my plastic grocery bag on the front seat of my car, with my change of clothes and my Crocs on top of everything. I work my half day (still about 6 hours) and get in my car to meet the Susi and the boys at my mom's house to go eat. I get there, take a shower, and get dressed. When I go to put my Croc's on one foot goes in just fine, the other foot seems to be a little swollen, though. Now, in the back of my mind, I'm not thinking that my shoe shrunk, I'm thinking "did I hurt myself and don't remember how it happened?"(this is a lot more common than you probably want to believe). I take off both my Croc's and hold them up next to each other. Fuck! How the fuck do injection molded shoes melt? How can it get so hot in my car that only the one on top melted? This one really pissed me off, especially since the fucktard dog ate my $85 Puma sneakers the week before.

No comments: